Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sky Lines

 After all the unpacking, cleaning, tidying, sorting and re-arranging of the first week or so, I am interested that my mind is beginning to drift again toward art and making.

One of the joys of time spent here is the slowing down. The stopping. The looking up and above and around. The pausing. The delighting in small things. In small moments. Forever grateful.

My eye has been caught by the lines in the sky. On previous visits I think I tried  to avoid them in my photographs. Somehow it felt like they spoilt the rural view. This time my view has changed and I think they enhance them. 

So often they add a beautiful diagonal to draw the eye. They offer a counterpoint to the softer clouds and hills and snow.

Or so it seems to me.

I have been thinking about being surrounded by sky-lines, and wondering what is the best way to describe them.

 

From the electricity wires across the road, 

 
To my favourite rope lines at the fishing net drying poles,


The counterpoints of wee birds on the wire.


Th play of a slow sunrise on the poles.


Same wires, different snow, different light.


Big blue sky and snow hills, amber and russet bracken.


Wires plus trees.


So many lines in the sky

4 comments:

  1. love how the human-made features ... fencelines and the road especially caught my eye ... put the natural features into perspective ... giving a new (better?) sense of their proportions

    and the bird on the wire with the parallel sunlit cloud line is certainly worthy of printing and framing ... such a perfect memory holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is what I am seeing this time around too Liz, somehow they add to the natural beauty rather than detract. And I love that wee bird on a wire, parallels, others and the light.

      Delete
  2. F- love the notion of skylines - lines that draw and lead to inspiring places and spaces. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do all of that don’t they? They divide, connect, join, draw…

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.