Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Slowly, slowly…

 Making emerges slowly as I re-adjust to where we are and what needs doing. I oftentimes find it hard to simply be in the artistic moments - time is given to the myriad of things we need to check, and to the walking and exploring, and then,  I seem to allow myself to think about artiness.

We have brought some of our wares with us and are booked to participate in two markets whilst here!

They are small and local, and the season is really just beginning but we thought it was another way to participate in community.

I have mostly brought cards and a few artists’ books bits, but as I sorted through my box of arty goodies left behind last time, I came across this beautiful stash of feathers a neighbour had gifted me.  Knowing I could use some of the larger ones for brushes and mark making, and also knowing that I couldn’t take them back to Australia given our tight bio security rules, I thought about using them somehow.

In my box of goodies I also found six cards I had prepared earlier - folded and with envelopes - and so I set about making feather cards.

A spool of black thread was waiting for the stitching


As a bunch of feathers spilled from their storage envelope.


And some cards emerged.


I have nightmares about this G but that’s life sometimes…



A lovely trio of cards.


Joined by another lovely trio today.


Starting small, starting slowly, but starting!

4 comments:

  1. the feathers. that spool of thread, also lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So late to reply V! There is something very delicious about it all isn’t there?

      Delete
  2. "across the miles" seems particularly apt ... I'd have a hard time letting go of lovelies such as these

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.