Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A few favourites...

We are still sorting and sifting and settling here; altho I have attended three community events in two days so we must be sort of on track.

I thought I would just do a quick run past some of my favourite moments from our trip.  It won't be an exhaustive gallery, but these are some of the highlights that popped up as I glanced through my photos...

In no particular order.

From the bedroom, out through a misted window, this wee lamb was nestled with its mum. The lambs were absolutely a highlight for me this time - SO MANY!


The sky and the light stop me in my tracks often. This time around I looked more closely at the colours, as a palette I might use on return. I also looked at lines and found them everywhere.

Sunset around 9.30pm one night, out the bedroom window. The long evenings and twilight were wonderful. And there are some tiny fence line marks on the horizon. Lines.

Another evening sky out the bedroom window. The sky. 

Early morning on the way to the cove. Looking across the headland, so gentle and peaceful. Loving those lines.

The cottage with mum and the newborn lamb, the morning after its arrival.

One of my wee lochans from my poem/words. I love these wee lochans so much. And the sky.

The other wee lochan that shimmers as we drive by. With geese and the sea beyond. And gorse. The air was scented with its fabulous coconut scent.

We turned left and went down a single track road and came upon this. So many stories to be told, or made up.

An evening wander and more lines in the sky.

 

Did I mention the lambs???

This slowly crumbling cottage...

I may yet do more memory lane posts, but these are just a few of our special moments.

4 comments:

  1. you have definitely expanded my vocabulary recently ... the word of the day is gorse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know it as gorse; in Scotland they refer to it as whins in places...but the smell is divine no matter the name. Smells to me of warm coconut ice. Heavenly.

      Delete
  2. the crumbling stone cottage is so romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so quintessentially beautifully derelict isn't it?

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.