Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The gift of time and play

 This week between Christmas and new year always feels a bit like never-never time; one never really knows what day it is; there is food everywhere still be used so not much meal planning has to happen; not much shopping and it feels like a kind of a pause.

I have been preparing my new year cards, and as a gift to myself have begun an online course  called The Expressive Line with Brody Neuenschwander.


purchased the course back in August thinking I might do some of it whilst we were in Scotland; however I filled my time in many other ways there, and pretty much didn't draw breath when we returned. I checked if it had any expiry date and it does - I need to have done it by mid-late February 2023. 

So...I thought I might use this in-between-time to explore the course and do the assignments.

So far, I have watched the full video class and demonstration and am about to read through my assignment. Time in the studio is scheduled for trying out all the techniques Brody shows on the video. Here are details of some of the handouts - lots of different movement and rhythm and texture and angles and pressure...very much wondering if I have it in me to create marks and letters like this - but then that is exactly why I am doing a course i guess!








And just a lovely little bit of our Christmas lunch table...pax.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.