Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thursday Thoughts...

"That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong." 

F. Scott Fitzgerald

The absolute joy of feeling seen, validated, reflected back.  The comfort of knowing you are not alone. The happiness of discovering other folk who like the same books; who share your passions and who can dive deep into discussion over characters or moments.

I love how much books connect me to the world and to myself. The conversation an author is having with me as I read, the things I learn about myself when I discuss books with others.  The manner in which you can learn so much when somebody has a completely different reading of a book or an event. The way books can push your limits of understanding and open up new worlds for connection.

I often think to myself that books help you feel you are not alone; what I love so much about this quote is that it says more than that. It says that you belong... and that, is precious.

Agnes Water, 2015

We are not alone...we belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.