Sunday, February 12, 2023

Still not much art happening but...

 Another busy week has meant no time in the studio and I must say its been a long time since that happened. Luckily I have made art-type progress on things that need progressing, but it makes me feel not quite myself when I haven't been making.

One arty moment this week we visited Caloundra Regional Gallery where they were showing Recent Acquisitions from the Collection. A friend alerted me to the fact that one of my prints was on show. Very excitement.

This print, Mabel's Scrub, made for the EcoWomen Exhibition back in early 2020 is now part of the Gallery's collection and they selected 4 prints from that exhibition to show. My good friend Tory's print (bottom right) was also selected.  Feels lovely to be hung together like this.

One of the things I remember about this exhibition is that it was pulled down early because we were so uncertain about the virus. I will also associate it with the first beginnings of movement restrictions and lockdowns...

This serendipitously sets me up to think my way through a minor green and white theme.

Another hmmmm, arty? moment this week occurred when our landlord mentioned, literally  in passing, that they were going to clean the outside of the building and do some painting. That didn't phase me until we went down and saw the new colour...

It is all cut in, but we don't know when it will finally be painted. 

I am coining it garbage bin green. Which is unfair really, as it is known as Seaweed.

But really?

We have been organising a large Community Garage Sale and may I say that has been busy. Sunday afternoon, I sit here feeling a bit on the weary side. But a great success so that's all good.

All these succulents went. Green and white kind of, sort of...

We are having a bit of a heatwave, and so watering and cutting the greens early is important before we draw the blinds and bunker down for the day.


But this beautiful green and white orchid of my Dad's had just been misted, and it makes me feel cooler just looking at it.


Soon, I hope, soon, there will be making to mark!

2 comments:

  1. looking at the new paint color and thinking "if you can't say anything nice ..." so I'm not going to say anything at all ... your garden greens, on the other hand, look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garden greens are just great! And given your apt reminder I shall comment no more upon that poor studio!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.