Sunday, February 19, 2023

Clean and Tidy

 Sometimes after a while way from the studio the best thing to do is simply stop and try to clear the air, clean the surfaces and rediscover the freshness of a tidy studio.

And so it has been!

My work desk for starters - clearly not a single part of the surface was workable-on.

The other desk where I work and do sales...lots of practice pieces here, and loads of papers piled upon papers

My course work collected all in one place...

I unearthed some lovely things that go me thinking. It always takes me a while to tidy as I pick things up and little ideas sparks and head off, and then maybe this goes with that and what if?

This was an interesting collection to put together. Might they jointly become something?  I have ended up putting them each into their own bag with notes about what I might do with them, rather than just leave them out 'to remind me'.

And ta-da! The sales desk re-appears and looks a little bit more welcoming.

And who knew there was so much space under all that stuff?

And for a complete aside - the great outdoors is surely out to get me.  We went to help a friend put some edging in her garden. We were working on DEAD grass, so I figured shoes rather than boots would be OK. Ha! Halfway through I discovered this leech on my ankle.

And three days later it still smarts - quite the allergic reaction to this one. 


I daresay its not all bad - I obviously need to stay inside in the studio and do stuff!

And do stuff I have. The cleared desk space has seen me roaring through ideas and work and I am excited again about how the cycle of cleaning up lifts a load, finds connections and then there is space to do something with all those ideas.

And we had this lovely moment at lunch through the week - quintessentially Queensland.

4 comments:

  1. I do envy your clean work surfaces and proximity to open water ... the leeches not so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felt very unlucky re that leech! But the sunshine by the water was divine; and the cleared desk has lifted me greatly.

      Delete
  2. Ow ow, that leech left a mark! I love to see disarray resolve into tidiness. It gives me hope for my own messes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is remarkably wellness-inducing Dana! I feel so much better for having done it, it has really lifted my mood. The leech however, was not so welcome - it's been years since I've had one. A bit of bad luck. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.