Sunday, March 12, 2023

The Shape of Things II - together!

 Well Annwyn and I have navigated the postal systems successfully and her book landed with me this week.

I love how a single starting point with a single theme; combined with an exchange of papers and a suggestion to try structures that we aren't too familiar with, can provide such diversity and interest.

Our first books showed this well; and our second books continue the trend.

Annwyn's book references a yard stick and her blog explains everything so well! It is a beautifully-crafted and presented book, I had such a lovely time with it.




My books retains the series title The Shape of Things II; but heads in a different direction. My first book referenced how tricky it was to find firm ground beneath our feet; to be confident of the future, to have any sense of certainty in commitments.  This time as I began to plan the year I could begin to see the shape of things!  

So my words describe that emerging sense of knowing and feeling sure about somethings, the shapes and forms come through a calendar, and the structure hints at medicine and health by using a doctor's notebook format.

My book is once again relatively small in the hand (11cm h x 5.5cm w x 1 cm d) covered in a grey book cloth, held by  band of the same material, nestled in a card slipcase to protect it.


The title appears on the first page you see, and then the book (a single page) unfurls to reveal its fullness.



My next couple of blogposts will explain my thinking and my making, but it is so great to see the pair of them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.