Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Letter a Week (ALaW) 3

I have been a bit off this week and not in the studio at all until today - so this little project is doing what I hoped it would - making me go down and DO something even when I'm not full of creativity.

Here is my experimental "C".  It is a piece of rusted steel which I then used a dremel to engrave into the metal, revealing the shiny steel under the weathered rust.

I wrote the letter out first, traced it and then transferred it to the metal using some very cool hard soap pencils that a Japanese friend had sent to Barry. They draw on metal really well.

Despite some hassles compressing these photos for the web - here are some shots and some detail, with different light effects.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Fiona,
    This is beautiful! I have my 3 letters ready but I have not posted yet. Soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.