Saturday, February 13, 2010

Words for Peace 2010 - all done!!

It feels good to have completed these - this one took forever.  I drew a rectangle and then worked with dividing lines and curves to organise the space.  I was initially thinking of a stained glass effect and that these lines would be black, like on the windows.

I then wrote peace in big block capitals - nothing fancy at all - and started to colour in the spaces.  I used 9 coloured pencils and it was an interesting challenge to keep the colour, size, location and shape balances right.

In the end I chose not to write the letters in black; nor to do the lines in black.  I chose instead to leave the colour of the paper showing through and again remind myself that peace lies behind what we do; it emerges from chaos and is always there in our lives if we can look for it.

These four will be popped in the post along with Barry's great effort here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.