Monday, March 1, 2010

Alphabet Letters A-Ligned

It's funny how things you do years ago finally find their way to being useful!  Back in 2004, for no reason I can adequately explain, I sat down and did a little analysis of the alphabet.  The Roman capital was the alphabet of choice given its historical script credentials.

I discovered the following pieces of information (which have finally become useful as Barry does fold-forming for his A Letter a Week pieces) and just in case you've ever wondered...

  • 22 alphabet letters have straight lines
  • 15 have ONLY straight lines
  • 16 have vertical lines
  • 8 have horizontal lines
  • 10 have diagonal lines
  • 3 have diagonal lines ONLY
  • 6 have diagonal and straight lines (vertical or horizontal)
  • 1 has diagonal and straight lines and curved lines
  • 11 have curved lines
  • 4 have curved lines ONLY
  • 7 have vertical and curved lines
To illustrate... a remnant from the Roman forum. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Fiona,
    Thank you for your comment today. I want to tell you how much I'm enjoying Alaw. It's really causing me to think and that's a good thing. It's helping me become more spontaneous too, which I really need.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.