Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Trying this and that

I am still working away re-working some pages form a while ago...trying to design a binding and a cover to give them new life, and which looks elegant.

It is quite a mental challenge and I get highly amused by the ah-ha moments I get and where and when they arrive; at the oddest times and in the oddest places.

Still, each one nudges me closer to completion.

I have covered the spine.


And glued the pages.


Placed a nice little pause page in; such a lovely lovely edge.


The first opening.


More of those nice holes!


And the beginnings of a cover; folding and yet more holes.


And a bit of debossed letterpress as a test.


Loving the architectural folds as I play.



As I said, edging closer to a resolution.  I will try a prototype soon and then hopefully five small
book-ets will emerge!

4 comments:

  1. This is resolving itself gently and beautifully Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely lovely process Susan - we are doing the slowest and most gentle dance; and I am finding my way...

      Delete
  2. these holes in combination with the lovely writing will surely make a great piece of art !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annick - I love the holes and how they add to the work...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.