Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Daily Words, cards, and layers

I have been continuing to prepare fro Fibres West.  One of our daily rituals is to select a word from a bowl and spend some time thinking about it.

In keeping with the workshop sensibility, I write the words white on white. Which of course is tricky!  So I add a wee bit of silver to get an edge.  Nonetheless, I still like the muted almost silent nature of the words...

I have prepared just over 70 words for us each to select from.





They are now packed and ready to fly west in July.

I have also completed several grief cards.  Cards that for me, somehow reach out to folk who grieve and try to send thoughts that mean something.

The pink bunch for this quote.


the purple,


  and the blue.


And to finish last night as we ate dinner we looked out over the valley and these clouds and this light and the hilltops gave us layer upon layer upon layer...


4 comments:

  1. how the soft greys in your landscape echo the subtly silvered words ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're lovely and so delicate !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are Annick - very subtle, yet definitely there. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.