Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thursday Thoughts...

"If I can encourage someone, make them think, or see things differently, or take a risk, then that is what books have done for me. Pass it on, I say". 

Jeanette Winterson.

Pass it on I say!  Indeed, in the previous one sentence Ms Winterson has pretty much summed up the purpose of books and the impact they have; and then says get on with sharing that around.

Books encourage you when you doubt, feel helpless, feel alone, feel misunderstood.
Books make you think differently when you learn new facts or explore different lived experiences, places and choices.
Books help you see things differently for all of the same reasons.
Books can suggest that you take a risk because you see it has worked for others, or because you now have new tools to manage the risks.

Books are great- pass it on!




6 comments:

  1. I love dictionaries and have purchased several used tomes in hopes of embellishing them with words like the ones you have pictured here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Books! I am decluttering and found a thesaurus to cut up. That should be fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.