Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Place Among the Clouds...

Ahhh...it is done.


I continued to play and worked out that I could add add an overlay to the cover. I printed two off-set printings of the title, one inked and one a ghost print so the the depth of colour varied between the two on the floaty paper and the one on the grey cover.

The next challenge was attaching the floaty paper to the cover; and stitching the whole thing together without it slipping.

To the very hi tech technique of washi paper.  Sticking it to my trousers helped take any extra 'tack' off it as I really didn't want it tearing the floaty paper or the cover when I removed it


The pages and back cover taped - each page was taped to the back cover individually; but all in the same spot so only one piece of tape touched the back cover.


The overlay taped to the front cover (seen after stitching) and the front cover attached to the back cover (in the same spot again). You can see I decided to reduce the number of lines of stitching, but still went with the straight lines .


After I had finished it, I needed to find a way to wrap it, store it, protect it.  I decide to hand stitched a sort of folder to keep it safe and flat.


Using figure 8 stitches along the sides.



And then you lift the book out and begin.

The front cover.



Then through the book...






Satisfied sigh.


6 comments:

  1. (((Fiona))) your cloud book holds such gentle peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mo - it does feel a bit that way. There is quietness, moments, care, and almost tenderness as you make your way through this one. Go well.

      Delete
  2. Love the transparencies and how beautifully they work with the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dee - the layering and evaporating works I think. So pleased I could find a way to get that sense across; the clouds don't really feel bound or tethered, even tho they are.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.