Tuesday, June 9, 2020

rain shower and sunshine

We have been busy around the block of late - its a good time to get things done when it isn't raining and things aren't growing too madly.

Barry was replacing some timbers and I was assisting when we had a small rain shower. It was brief, and in its aftermath were some wonderful light and little moments...

Just before the shower, drifts of rain across the valley making beautiful layers. And four yellow-tailed black cockatoos...

I find them so special. Anytime I hear their call I stop and look, and honour their passing through my world.


The camellias are still flowering and the raindrops softened them even more.



And the clouds pass on, caught in the birdbath - cloud puddle reflections.


And the sun breaks through again


And then as I turn around, it creates great light on the agaves along the edge of the drive - patterns emerge.


We head in after the work and the bunch of bananas we collected have patterns as well


The end of the day's work...


Funny how a short time in the garden can create a full and beautiful journey of moments and mere minutes...

4 comments:

  1. thank you for taking us along ... and I love those boot straps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Redback boots (named after our red back spiders - so Australian) and I love them the best! They yank on and off most easily. Go well.

      Delete
  2. the call of the black cockatoos is magic and love your winter light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mo, it stops me in my tracks each and every time. And yes, the light has been spectacular this year. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.