Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Getting ready

 As we wind down 2020 we began to think about our new year cards for 2021.  Our tradition of sending new year cards rather than Christmas cards began way way back (15 years ago?) when we found ourselves just too busy at work in the lead up to get organised enough to buy, write and post cards.  So we gave ourselves a break, and said let's do them in the down time between Christmas and New Year and make them NY cards and so we did.

This week we went to the studio and quickly got going on our cards - inked and printed and now they are drying.

Here are a few glimpses of mine. Partly because they aren't ready to show just yet; partly because I just love all the side glimpse imagery!


I went for a sunny yellow this year - just figured we could all do with some cheering up and there is no doubt that yellow is cheery.




Because I was inking, I was wearing one of my aprons and looked down and thought you know, these things become artworks in themselves.  I love the way the apron marks the passage of time and of the various prints made...



And one of the pockets is looking particularly fine.


And to finish with - a magnificent shot of our Scottish Highlands Village - Armadale.  What a cold but sunny day it must have been (taken just this week).  I love that we can see our wee cottage and it makes me wish to be there. I know we can't be; and I don't know when we can be; but the place sings to my heart and my heart replies...


Right in the middle is our wee cottage, facing the road, opposite the frosty field.

2 comments:

  1. how hope can overflow ... may it be so this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hope will be an absolute mainstay of the year ahead Liz. Let us keep on keeping on! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.