Sunday, December 27, 2020

An end of year theme emerges

 It is true to say I think I have found my end of year theme! Not that I was looking for one, but there you go, one has emerged nonetheless.

No real surprises here, but it is small, tick-offable tasks of tidying and other accomplishments.

Today I present - sorting my embroidery threads.

As I have been stitching more of late, it has become clear that I had a few boxes with threads in them; the odd plastic bag; some dodgy paper bags; some wrapped; some still in their little holders. Fundamentally all over the shop as we say.

So I gathered them together and began to pop the little circles out of my cardboard thread holders, and took the paper tags off the threads and began to wind.

I didn't do a true before shot, these are more work-in-progress shots.


A couple of the boxes mid-review.


Deciding if this goes with that.


A bundle of greens. The collective noun for greens I wonder? 


Quite the fun grouping!


A close up of corals.


Ta da! A place for everything and everything in its place.




For how long, we do not know; but for the moment, order has been restored.

And my Christmas flowers with fairy lights.


Hoping that all have had some quiet days, some days of joy, some days of gathering and sharing and some days of renewal.

8 comments:

  1. Having just managed to spill a large box of pastel all over the carpet whilst searching for an ink converter that I know I have somewhere I am in awe of your organisation. Stay safe and here's hoping for a better 2021

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jac - sorry to hear of the spill. Given my lack of imagination and general sense of worn outedness by this year; tidying art supplies has been an excellent way to spend time. It gives me the greatest satisfaction to achieve even the slightest regathering of control.. here's hoping you can keep exploring and doing and making and creating; and may the new year dawn brightly. Go well.

      Delete
  2. love seeing your rainbow of threads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted to see the gatherings all together - such fun! And also most happy to have them all in one place and discoverable! Go well.

      Delete
  3. I think I have an excess of "magpie gene" in my DNA!

    Here's to a little more order in all our lives, after this horrendous year of upheavals! Go well and follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dinah - I think the threads would make a most beautiful rainbow nest! I think the disorder and dislocation of the year has indeed encouraged me to sort and find order in small ways...go well and here's to a bright new year!

      Delete
  4. Your threads are so beautiful and so orderly! I'm in awe. I love the wreath of lights around the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! They do look delightful all gathered together; and I am chuffed to think I know where to find them when I want them! The haphazard wreath of twinkle light is lovely isn't it? I think I will do it all year round in small and different ways now! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.