Sunday, December 20, 2020

Festive, Flowers, Fights...

 An odd kind of heading, but bear with me...

Low key festive has begun at our place.  A poinsettia in a pot with a gift tag at the front door.


Our minimalist Christmas tree is up...




Candles are lit on wet days to give warmth and glow.


And flowers.  Maintaining my goal of fresh flowers throughout every day as best I can, here is a selection from the past few weeks.

My dad left this posy at the front door and let me know via text it was there!


In a serendipitous moment I found this bunch of fabulous flowers at our local IG for $10.  Two and a half weeks on, they are cut down to a single vase, but still looking great!


Inside a magnolia...


Evening sunlight on white lilies...


And so to fights...

These are a pair of male wallabies - good sized - photographed thru the lounge room window and at quite a distance/zoom. It would seem as if they are trying to work out who's number 1 in the pack and the fight for territory is underway.  One of them ended up dominating and the other went away to the side, a tad defeated (but not injured as best we could see, more embarrassed!). 



We continue to be amazed by the amount of wildlife we can see from our new place and are really enjoying coming to understand the different territories and pecking orders...

2 comments:

  1. (((Fiona))) love your elegant xmas tree, beautiful flowers and those boxing wallabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that tree Mo - it is so gentle and calming; the flowers continue to brighten my days; and the honour to have the performance happening off our back deck is just great! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.