Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Pocket Book

First up, apologies to the kind folk who comment - it has taken me too long to respond, but I think I have now caught up again. I really do love hearing your thoughts and undertake to do better...

The wee pocket book is now complete. In the end an edition of 15 which was unexpected, but a good outcome.

Even lying flat on the floor, I like the look of them.

And as ever, I love the edges, and am pleased with the regularity of this stack - stitching and paper edges.

They were stacked in an alternating pattern when under weights, which also looks nice.

The title page in the green of the thread of the poster...

And a couple of spreads.




All up there are 9 pages with related paragraphs on them; a title page and a colophon, as well as a few blanks.


It is a grand little book and one of the first in the newly hatched deckled edge press editions!


The books will be for sale but I am just working out how and where and how much! Let me know if yo u are interested and I shall email you details.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sigh...there are so many lovely images one can take of a stack! Gathering a stack together is very comforting.

      Delete
  2. F- this is a great lille book and edition - so many delightful elements to be appreciated. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B - it is a nice little book; and has a story to tell!

      Delete
  3. 15! How wonderful ... and I love the ribbon around the bunch of them

    and now I'm wondering ... do you ever number your editions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - I do love a bundle! Yes, all of my printed books are editioned and numbered...and sometimes I also have Artists' Proofs (AP), Exhibition Copies (EC)and Hard de Commerce (HdC) which mean you can't sell only swap!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.