Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thursday Thoughts...

“What in your life is calling you, when all the noise is silenced, the meetings adjourned, the lists laid aside, and the wild Iris blooms by itself in the dark forest, what still pulls on your soul?” 

 Rumi

Oh what a beautiful set of words.  

The words still me; they calm me and they make me want to explore that dark forest.

I guess in many ways this one could speak to life, but for now I have chosen to think about it in terms of art. What in my art life is calling me?

So often we (I) can get caught up in the multiplicity of things that seem to need to be done; or that seem to be really interesting to do.  Curiosity, inquisitiveness and all of that can see me get distracted by a bunch of options to try, experiment and play with.

But in the end they pull me away from what is quietly calling.

I regularly feel that I have raced away from what is important or what matters; and regularly feel as if I need to stop and listen to the quiet voice; the quiet tug and follow it along.

When I have removed all the clutter and all of the buzz, what is it that I need, deep in my heart, to do?


Such lovely marks and stories...

2 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.