Sunday, April 11, 2021

Filing time and gazing...

Well I can never say that my art life isn't varied!  

This is some of the time consuming work I have been doing. I had planned that I might be able to use these aluminium plates to have prints in the Editions show which opens soon at Nambour; but to tell the truth I just didn't get far enough in the process and decided to pull back because I didn't think rushing was going to be a good thing.  I did manage to do the design; and to get it into the file type needed for the aluminium guy to be able to cut the plates for me. I did get the edges filed on one or two.

It takes quite a while just to sit there and file the edges so they don't rip or tear the paper. when they are pressed into it.

But you do get lovely piles of shiny stuff!

I also managed to do the designs; get them onto tracing paper to transfer them and then just stopped.  It was going to be tricky from that point on and I really need to take my time, so instead I decided to offer other things for the show and let these develop as they must. Slowly.

We have been wet for a few weeks and then on Thursday - brilliant sunshine!  We were able to sit on the deck as the sun set a couple of evenings and the bliss of it all was gorgeous.  It was so still. Not a breath of wind or breeze to shimmy the trees.




Lit by one of our wee concrete candle holders...


 And we sat until the first of the flying foxes (fruit bats) headed off in search of food.


6 comments:

  1. a lot to be said for just sitting and being ... especially when there is both soft light and gentle air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. That big sky just makes us stop, and breathe it all in...

      Delete
  2. (((Fiona))) such beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't a breath of wind and the trees stayed so very very still...

      Delete
  3. I had a laugh to myself when I saw the photo of the plates that needed filing - I’ve been doing a long delayed clearing and filing of documents and I assumed you were doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny isn't it?!?!? It can mean so many things; I guess I could have been filing my nails too! I actually have a recurring diary entry each month to remind me to file. It piles up and if do it in small doses all is well; but I really resented the huge pileups that used to happen. There is a real sense of achievement tho isn't here after making sense of a mess? Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.