Sunday, July 11, 2021

Faffing about with fabric

 On Saturday I went to the studio with jobs in mind - I had to write up our mid year art review; I had to draft some words for a newsletter; I had to list all my work to do; and I then had to prioritise it so I could focus and get on with it all.

Laugh, laugh, laugh.  I actually did quite well up to a point, and then I wrote the words tatty old scrim (something I needed to check) and I was off.

I couldn't believe how quickly I jumped up, got the scrim (which I don't think is scrim at all), tore a few pieces up and started playing with.

As I said to some friends "Distractability is one of my superpowers!!!"

Such lovely soft colours and edges.


And the curling of it...


Like their own little nests or something...

So delicate, and such an open weave.


and a line of red thread running thru...


And then I dipped it in some divine golden bee's wax.  The smell is honey-heavenly; but I'm not sure it added to the beauty of the piece.


It changed it into a landscape of sorts; a map, some cartography of land and deserts, and dried up waterways...

Who knows what stories it might tell.


And then there were teabags to empty and get ready to play with!


After lots of brain work and computer work it was fun to follow a flight of fancy.

4 comments:

  1. scrim and wax and tea bags ... no wonder you got distracted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly doesn't take much at times Liz! But yes they were all worth it!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.