Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Collating the Collaboration - The Shape of Things

 I mentioned in the comments back here when I posted on the final instalment on the collaborative exchange of artists' books that Annwyn Dean and I undertook over a year, that it might be nice to gather them together and do a post with them all together.

I am so glad I had that idea! I spent time with the books at the studio recently, and truly enjoyed having them alongside each other; and together.

Bringing them together, it was lovely to reflect on what a beautiful collection they have become; to look closely and see how we both approached the work; and to see how our signature looks appear throughout them all, despite our use of the other's papers.

It was lovely to look at them as a collection and see how well they sit together; but also lovely to re-consider each of them as individuals and remember the moments of discovery and the things I loved about them.

I hope you enjoy their gathering as much as I did!

Annwyn's books 1-3


Annwyn's book 4-6


Fiona's books 1-3


Fiona's books 4-6


Books 1-3 together


Books 4-6 together


Books 1-6 all together!


What a beautiful collection to reflect on such a beautiful project across the miles...

2 comments:

  1. F&A - what a brilliant collaboration; and what a beautiful collection. B

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.