Sunday, May 5, 2024

Bits and pieces, and burning

Another busy week and some great days at the Studio showing the exhibition to wonderful people who enjoyed the show, and looking around the studio space with all its lovely bits and pieces.

Here are some compilations of Susan's, Tory's and Steph's work which I was using to promote the show.



In between times I managed a few creative things, bits of this and that, and started to pursue  an idea about a piece for Scotland. It involved burning, so unfortunately the studio did smell a bit of incense on one day so I stopped doing it whilst folk might be coming in.


First up I wanted to see if I could singe a piece of cord/thread. I did pretty well, but it did burn through in a few places, so here it is knotted together.

A selection of burnt papers follows - it's always good to work out which ones will go whoosh! and which ones are more of a slow burn...








And this maybe is a video of me first testing how to burn the thread/cord - a bit of an unplanned and spontaneous idea which had the odd moment or two...


And if that didn't work; then here is link to the YouTube version...

Whilst this final image pretty well sums up the weather again this week - wet, wet, wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.