Thursday, May 2, 2024

Thursday thoughts...

"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive." 

 James Baldwin

I am pretty sure I could create a bunch of slogans about books, based on this quote. I am imagining a 
t-shirt with 

"You're never alone with a book"
"Books - the original internet"
"Books - keeping people connected for centuries"
"Books - the greatest empathy teacher around"

Books have always helped me identify with others - those who were like me; and those who were different to me. They have always helped me understand and realise the many ways people make their way through the world; and have always helped not feel alone or odd or other.

Reading helps us understand the world and its people in so many ways.


Australia from space, ASPI 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.