Thursday, May 16, 2024

Thursday Thoughts...

“If we doubted our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine how much in life we’d accomplish.” 

Joel Brown

Occasionally I come across quotes that appear quite deep and require me to read them a few times before I can even work out what I think they might mean. Others I read and go - oh yes, that's a really simple truth! This one feels like one of those, not trite or twee I hope, just a simple question with an interesting, and maybe challenging at times, premise.

Sure enough it's a motivational quote, from an entrepreneurial coach, but I think there is a nice ring of truth to it. I thought about how often I doubt my dreams and my hopes; and it is kind of often enough. I then thought how often I doubt my fears, and realised that it takes a lot more to convince me that my fears are unfounded; than it does to convince that my dreams are realistic. Interesting.

It made me wonder what doubting a fear might look like, and I think it would involve a series of questions and challenging of myself. Quite the conversation on occasions!

Of course its not always true that you achieve things simply because you back yourself; I think we might attempt more things if we didn't doubt our dreams so much, and therefore yes the chance of achieving things increases because you have in fact attempted it.

So all in all, I think this one gives me a chance to think about the next time I am doubting a dream; to step back and think about doing it anyway; and when feeling a fear, perhaps I  will interrogate it a bit further, and maybe do it anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.