Sunday, May 19, 2024

Busy with bits and pieces

 It is a week now since the Pebbles, Stones and Rocks exhibition closed, and it has been a time still busy with tidying, re-arranging, calculating sales, payments and transfers, delivering work, making appointments for folk to collect work and trying to work on the work for Scotland if only my brain would allow me!

There are so many fragments to push forward and along. I think it will be a while yet before I can say, something is actually complete, but sometimes that is the way of things.

We re-arranged the studio, and I like the way this little gathering of Barry's timber dry bud vases is now settled.


I continue to play around with how to get messages onto the fabric for the cubes I'm hoping to sew and cover.


I am also working on getting the lettering prepared to go on the wall of the gallery in Scotland. This little sequence is funny. I had selected 6 fonts that I thought might work. Barry and I narrowed them down to three. I sent the three off to the lettering-cutter and he indicated he could work with two of the fonts, so we landed on this one.

From there I simply had to work out the layout. How much space would they take up on the wall? What sizes would I use for the various elements? And how would they appear? The top one is left justified. We decided to do the second one fully justified. Tick. But Barry had also suggested we should move the name closer tot eh definition, but I didn't like it.

So in the third one I made more spacing - and it was too much!

By the fourth we had a goldilocks moment - the spacing was 'just right'.


In between we had sold a small Adana press and as part of the package I prepared a random alphabet to go with it.


I wrote all the words for the fourth and longest scroll, and began stitching with my variegated purple threads.



Whilst I was waiting for folk to come in to the studio and collect their wares, I thought I could manage to transfer some type between trays. It is a nice, quiet, almost mindless task that can take the odd interruption. Not all tasks can be interrupted!


And then just for fun the wildlife of the weekend... Saturday a small wallaby with her joey waiting to cross the street (grin)



And Sunday morning a platypus in the creek.


We live in a pretty magical place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.