Tuesday, July 9, 2024

More pebble jewellery

 I have been asked to make a few pieces of jewellery of late, and there has been some interest in a shop stocking some, so I thought I had better get down to it and get some done.  It had been a while since I played in the workshop, so it took a bit of time to get back into the groove of things, but fortunately it all came back and I managed to get some bits done.

I brought a bunch of pieces I had made back from the workshop in small packages, trying to keep the pieces I thought might work best together, together.


I thought these pieces might go together like this for earrings.


And with a nice beaten jump ring they became earrings.


This pair uses some smaller pebble forms I had made and not quite known what to do with, but they helped add some movement and swish to this pair.


I made three pebble pendant trios. They are each about 4cm long and about 3.5cm wide, each has a different combination of beaten and brushed silver.




I had made this larger pebble form a while ago and it kept worrying me that it looked it too much like a triangle, rather than a pebble. It sat there for ages, until the other night, as I lay awake, I wondered about the beaten square jump ring I had purchased and whether or not I could create a trio of shapes, rather than pebbles...


So I had a good weekend soldering, rolling and beating silver, and then putting it all together for jewellery. Hopefully some of it will be what folk are after...


And yes, it will be back to stitching for me now! I have begun scroll 6, and still have to do scroll 7 as well before we head off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.