Sunday, September 8, 2024

Hame activity and the light...

 Part of the Hame exhibition is about exploring notions of home with visitors to the gallery. Each week I will pose a different question; and after the Museum closes for the week on Saturday, I will collect the postcards that have been written on, and bring them home to stitch a book. All going well, on Monday I will return the book to the exhibition as a guide for the current week's question and participants. 

Plan A. Today is Sunday and I am yet to stitch the book!

That is in part because we have been replacing a kitchen bench, sink, tap and cupboards all week and are just putting the finishing touches on it. Almost there and then back to the book-stitching

Week 1's question was this:


And the absolute joy I experienced as I went through the responses was wonderful. Here is a smattering of the types of things folk wrote:









I received about 22 cards, so the book will have a nice feel to it once it is done. Stay tuned.

We have managed to walk each morning and the walks have been more valued than usual as we have otherwise been inside working on the kitchen, so it has been lovely that the weather and light have rewarded our early morning wanderings.

This is the gentle morning pink light, just to the edges of the glowing sunrise which follows.




With the sun just beginning to rise.


And almost up and over!

A great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.