Tuesday, September 10, 2024

I stitched the book!

 After posting on Sunday I got down and worked at the kitchen table and managed to stitch the book.

There were 24 single sheets to go into the covers I had prepared before coming away; including the title page and colophons I had printed back in Maleny. Each book will have a different cover and be stitched with a different waxed linen thread.

Here are some mid-way-process photos:



My stitching was a bit wonky, I smiled to myself as I thought 'very home-made'!


But the books stands up and opens well.



And here it is back in place at the Museum as it opened on Monday! 


Here are some more of the responses, now stitched in the book.



This one. An exhalation...


And this week's question and cards all set up...


"When I think of home, a word I think of is..."

1 comment:

  1. surely folks will be even more inspired to participate now that they can see where and how their responses will end up

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.