Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thursday Thoughts...

“It is simply this: do not tire, never lose interest, never grow indifferent—lose your invaluable curiosity and you let yourself die. It’s as simple as that.” 

Tove Jansson

This is the sort of advice that one should receive at several points along the way. It should definitely form part of a "Guide for Living" or some such.

Curiosity and interest are two things that keep us alert and active, engaged and alive I feel. The loss of interest in other things, the no longer wondering what if? or how does? or even why? seems to lead to a sort of slow decline in the life force.

The inclusion of indifference is also key I think - when we grow indifferent to suffering, or bad news, or other's feeling or concerns, our own life force and energy also dwindle as a result.

I am glad that of now I am still curious! Still interested! Still intrigued by things and people and places! It helps to keep me alive.


Honesty, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.