Sunday, October 27, 2024

Some favourites

As we start the wander back to Maleny, I paused to pick my ten favourite images from our time here.  Some of them are beautiful imagery; some are memory triggers; some represent special places or moments. An interesting cornucopia which shows the full ness of life and beauty and wonder. 

In the end I came up with my top 15 I think; no surprises that there were many magical and special moments in our three months!

The bounty with which we were met and welcomed back with was amazing. From this beautiful pot of lavender and lobelia to potatoes and kale and raspberries and eggs and so much produce.


Our beautiful wee cottage looking loved and lovely in the sunshine.


I delighted and surprised myself by having left this beautiful small arrangement of dried seed pods and flowers in the kitchen. I adored finding it and have enjoyed it every single day. Simple beauty. Small moments.


The light and small moments. The drying of the flower and seed heads always seems so poignant and fragile and beautiful to me.


Mounting a successful solo exhibition in a remote locality on the opposite side of the world is an achievement I am proud of. It was a beautiful show and engaged locals and visitors alike with the gentle way in which it told the stories.


The joy of seeing so many of our friends and neighbours at the opening of my exhibition was so so special.

Our very first Northern Lights!


Working with the visitors' thoughts and comments and observations about home, and creating four beautiful books for the Museum was a really lovely thing to do.


Building a kitchen cabinet and bench, and replacing the sink and taps and all the plumbing was an experience! I now know more about plumbing than I ever thought I would, but a huge sense of satisfaction in working together and finishing the kitchen.


So many wonderful morning skies at this time of year; and this was a stunning evening sunset out the bedroom window with our favourite sheep Nellie.


We also enjoyed some bramble rambles, collecting brambles from the roadside and adding them to our breakfasts.


A memorable train trip with some of the magnificent West Coast Highlands opening up before us.


We discovered a great new bakery in Tongue, run by a young couple who make beautiful food and great coffee. It is exciting to see young folk making a commitment to the wild and empty places, and bringing their skills and delights with them to share.


Movement from the train - for me the beginnings of some artwork ideas; but also a sense of just how fast the time seems to have gone.


And now we are on the road again...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.