Thursday, October 17, 2024

Thursday Thoughts...

“Wear the old coat and buy the new book.” 

Austin Phelps

Oh  my goodness, what can I say, but Hard Agree!!!

I am more than happy to re-work, re-configure, repair and renovate my clothes, and can never walk by a bookshop without stopping in.

In fact we oftentimes make decisions about places to stop and visit based on whether they have an art gallery and/or a book shop! Dingwall had a great gallery and two bookshops...

I am glad that for whatever reason I am a person who is less concerned or excited with new looks and fashions than with new books, new ideas and new perspectives.


Books!

1 comment:

  1. I wear a coat that is at least 20 years old ... but even though I recently donated ten boxes of books to the local public library, you'd hardly know it to look at our overflowing shelves (and yes, of course we bought more books on our recent trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.