Sunday, October 13, 2024

The way of things here - this and that

Little bits of this and that.

Small things, making and thinking art in small ways.

Stitching. We bought a couple of pot holders, but they were too heavy and chunky for me, so I unpicked them and thought to maybe make 4 potholders instead of 2. With no sewing machine, I found some random bits of bias binding at a charity shop in Dingwall and went about hand stitching the binding.



And the last one is underway.


Pebbles.

My fascination with pebbles of all shapes and sizes continues, and I have bene pondering new jewellery opportunities for when we return to Australia.  During the week we wandered to the beach and collected tiny wee pebbles and some slightly larger pebbles which we brought home and sorted. we clearly also brought a fair bot of sand home with us!


The sort of thing I have been pondering...


Watercolour.

I have enjoyed having moments simply to play and practice doing different watercolours. I prefer the graphic look, I like a layered look and I like an abstract look. These are things I have learned as I have played. 

And so this week I tried out just random mosaic shapes.

I have a container of Koh I Noor watercolour palettes and there are 8 in the stack. I chose to work with just the colours in one palette for each window.




I expect I will take the masking tape away, and work further into them to add a bit more interest/distinctiveness, but for now it has been fun.

And just in passing, we thought to head out for our afternoon walk yesterday but thought better of it. A wicked tempest blew through and the temperature says it might have been 6 degrees, but it felt like -7!!


We stayed inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.