Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday Thoughts...

“If you think that happiness means total peace, you will never be happy. Peace comes from the acceptance of the part of you that can never be at peace.” 

Joss Whedon

I think there have been variations on this theme over the years and different folk have said similar things in slightly different ways.

I stopped and pondered peace within and tested how I felt about this explanation.

I certainly agree that happiness does not equal peace; nor does peace equal happiness. Peace within is definitely different. 

That started me off thinking if peace within means the same as contentment? Or is it like feeling calm within? If I am at peace, how else am I? Am I relaxed? At rest? Not really. And interestingly enough the word that kept popping back into my mind was acceptance. 

So I figure I was either influenced by reading this; or that for me peace within is about knowing that there is stuff I can't do much about, and just not fighting it. Accepting the things I cannot change. But then is it serenity???

In the end I think when I am at peace, I am accepting of the way things are, but also I think I am at peace when I know I have done what I can do; or that I have done my best. 


May there be peace within us and between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.