Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An eye in the sky

We have been doing a lot of travelling lately, mostly for work but sometimes for pleasure and I seem to have spent more time in the sky than on the ground (or so it seems). I don't think I will ever tire of looking at this country from high in the sky and seeing the fabulous patterns it forms. I am often still like a little kid on their first flight - leaning over and marvelling at how the world looks when you get to step back .
All that travel means I haven't had much time to do hands on art work - but the patterns and textures I see from the air still inspire me.
Whilst this isn't the world so much as the window, it still had great patterns.





And this is from the trip across to Perth - the red earth and desert.




Heading to Singapore we flew across these fabulous paddocks making patchwork in western Queensland. All in all a great opportunity to stop and see the world anew, which helps keep me fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.