Sunday, May 27, 2018

Things are firming up slowly

This would have to be the slowest book ever made by me.

It is taking ages. In part because I keep getting distracted; in part because it doesn't actually have a deadline; and in part because it is pushing me into some unfamiliar territory so I am a bit tentative and wary of it.

But still, we do make progress.

After carving sooooo many blocks of lino I thought - too busy!!!  And removed the single stones.

Looking calmer to me now; but maybe it will be too blank?


I have been testing out the size of type it is possible to use to get the words printed across a single page.  Trialling this font and that; this size and that...


And then testing on a few different papers and pages.


I will have to choose the final to work into sometime; but am enjoying having a few options on the go as well!  Sometimes I feel like I need to push a few pieces forward in case I stuff up. It seems to happen more often when I am not feeling that confident.




The next step is organise the words and print the type.  Oh and work out where on each page the words will go. And if I need to add more than words?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Penny - I am liking it more now...go well

      Delete
  2. I'm fascinated as always by your process ... deleting here, adding there ... envisioning ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a pretty weird and wonderful process Liz I must say..still going!

      Delete
  3. this book holds the deep mystery of standing stones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mo - they are one of my favourite things - I feel such awe when in their presence...

      Delete
  4. love your elegant paring back to the essence of the idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - I feel more comfortable here I must say.

      Delete
  5. they don't seem too blank to me, but I think -since this is a 'no-hurry-project', time will tell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annick! You are so right that time will tell...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.