Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday Thoughts...

“Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.” 

Paulo Coelho

Thinking about life today; this one comes at an interesting time. It feels as if I am in a season of changing. In lots of ways I am assessing and considering the things that give me joy; the things I feel resentful about doing and the things that I want to continue to do; and the new things I want to explore.

When you truly want to do something new - give it focus, energy and time - I think you have to really consider the things you might leave behind in order to do it.

I have not been particularly good at stopping doing things, whilst I merrily accumulate new things I love.  Perhaps with age comes wisdom and you realise that to be fully present and involved, then you need to let go.

I think this is what Coelho is getting at here; that some doors simply no longer lead you anywhere and the time is right to close them. Little by little this year, I have closed doors and left some things behind me.

It feels right.


Doors and memories. Me, 15 years ago in southern Italy. I still love black cardigans!

4 comments:

  1. This picture ... how some doors might still let things get through, even when closed. Irony abounds.

    On the more positive side, what a wonderful composition of vertical and diagonal lines, contrasted with the rounded boulders. A lovely study of two-point perspective. And how lovely to see you as you were then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that angle on this door in particular Liz - the little hints of openings...and yes in the olden days with a digital camera I think B did well!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a good one Mo and a bit of an ongoing reflection...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.