Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Rollin', rollin' rollin'...

I am very fond of the serendipitous marks the can appear when one is cleaning up ink.

From great swirls of colour left on the glass as you rub, to the colours and designs that can appear as you clean your brayers or your rollers.

It is nice when you aren't in a hurry and can take the time to see if they might take you somewhere.

A couple of times of late I have had the chance to play and have been rewarded with some interesting marks.

From the collagraph print, these appeared - mixing Payne's Grey with Burnt Sienna - who knew?





My favourite - I remembered in time to do some asemic-like writing into it whilst it was still wet. And I was rewarded for remembering!


I also managed a little bit of extra play into this one as well.


After printing with black on some letterpress cards on the weekend, I rolled and rolled and rolled and was left with these interesting, random grids towards the end.




I am intrigued by what they are offering...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.