Sunday, July 26, 2020

Small steps along the way

I have been continuing to explore the layering and translucency of this funny little experimental book.

Working with the imagery of shattering, I found another beautiful, but different Japanese paper, and traced the image onto it, and then cut the work into 16 squares, each 4cm x 4cm




I do spend a fair bit of time waffling around when I have delightful and delicious paper to play with!
Many a moment is spent staring at it, lifting it, watching it move, sensing its lightness and driftiness. 


But I then had to consider how it might sew.  I need to hold the lightest papers together and I really wasn't sure if the sewing machine would simply shred it; so I layered up a few scraps and headed home to the trusty machine.





And we did well!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! Interesting things just seem to happen along on occasions - and I follow where they go. Go well.

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying these experiments. Looking forward to seeing where they take you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such simple beautiful layers; and as MC says - elegantly resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annick - it is coming along gently...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.