Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thursday Thoughts...

“Pursue, keep up with, circle round and round your life… Know your own bone: gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw at it still.”

Thoreau

These words refer to the life of an artist and I really liked them.  They speak to me of tenacity; of just keeping on going.  They speak to me of the relentless pursuit of the things that matter; the things that are your truth and that need to be said, spoken, made, shared, drawn, painted or printed.

I honestly believe that we are all unique as artists and that we can only truly make our own work. We can't make other people's work - we must make our own; and our own is unique to us.  And from these words I guess they can mean drilling deep into your well and discovering what matters to you; going around and coming back to it, even tho it may be challenging, unpopular or deeply personal.

They seem to say I think that working away at it, fraying its edges and then going at it again is the way.


Just keep going at it, go around and around and around...

3 comments:

  1. love these thoughts and your image is purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice and so subtle again.. Maybe you could fill them with letters !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make nice resting places for letters don't they?!?!?

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.