Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thursday Thoughts...

With beauty before me, may I walk. 
With beauty behind me, may I walk. 
With beauty above me, may I walk. 
With beauty below me, may I walk. 
With beauty all around me, may I walk. 

 Navajo Prayer (extract and modified)

I  love these words.
A mantra.
An approach or attitude to take with me through my days.

I have annotated them as extract and modified, because I found all over the interweb there were variations, adaptations, modifications, extractions and extensions, and I just thought it was best to note and acknowledge my uncertainty around the pure original.

As I sit, quietly, breathe gently and read them slowly, I envision a cloak of beauty wrapping around me. Reminding me that beauty holds; it remains.  Reminding me that beauty is there to be found if I pay attention. Reminding me that  beauty enlivens my spirit and refreshes me.  Reminding me that beauty is a tonic.

For yes, there is beauty to be found. May I find it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.