Thursday, July 23, 2020

Thursday Thoughts...

I paint my own reality.  The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any consideration. 


Frida Kahlo


Frida's work is so wild and free and full of vibrant colours - what a marvellous reality she must have experienced as things passed through her head!


I like the nature of this quote in terms of her honesty and her pursuit of being true to herself.  She couldn't paint for others; nor what others may have sought from her. Instead she painted because she needed to and she didn't question herself.


I think that confidence is shining your own light; in deciding that you simply must make your own work without second-guessing yourself; without self-censorship; and by caring little for what others may think must have been such a great feeling.


Maybe she was born with that sense of certainty; maybe she developed it through hard knocks and rejections; or maybe she had a quiet voice inside her head quietly encouraging her along the way.


Whichever way she got there - I just keep thinking you Go Girl!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.