Sunday, October 31, 2021

A beautiful commission

 In between the prepping and planning and general getting ready-ness for the Red Thread showing, I was asked to print some invitations to a memorial; and some memorial thank you cards. It took some exceptional planning and logistics as they are multi-phase efforts and I had have them all done and dusted and out the door before we hung the show. It was tight.

Cutting the cards, setting the type, proofing, printing the outside of the cards.  Letting the cards dry then setting proofing and printing the inside of the cards. Testing colours (so interesting that red was the main theme!). Then on to doing the same for the invitations.

The bit where I begin to worry - will these scratches do anything at all? Or just look awful?

Just add water...

And the bit where I always let out a big sigh of relief; when they appear whimsical and gentle and swaying in the breeze.

The invitations - about 65 of them.

Wrapped and tied with the DEP thread.

And the cards - about 35 of them - with envelopes, stacked and tied with a bow and all teh details printed inside.

People often ask if we do custom work or commissions; and we say we don't do weddings.  But we will always try to do some beautiful hand printed cards for a funeral or memorial...

Spring has sprung and we had a storm last night so on our walk this morning the jacaranda carpets were everywhere!


Whereas Saturday's walk was a two-feather walk!

9 comments:

  1. F - a commission beautifully and sensitively done. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very heart-felt commission ... and you know me, I scrolled back to the beginning to see your notes ...

    a two-feather walk made me smile ... I always have to pick something up along the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always the notes! they help me remember! It was a lovely piece of work to get done in amongst it all and the recipient was really pleased. I think will be collecting along the way until we're done!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - I like doing these ones; so nice to have something beautiful, personal and handmade around the death of somebody you love and care about. Go well.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cards. I like the cryptic message. It has a nice sense of humor to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee - they are lovely, and sometimes it does feel as if they just left the party and are waiting for us somewhere...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.