Sunday, October 10, 2021

Women Friends once more

 I have mentioned the kindness and generosity of Pauline Prior-Pitt in allowing me to use the words of her poem "Women Friends".

It has become the theme for my body of work for The Red Thread, and I am yet to tire of it.

This is one of the folders I have printed and prepared to contain a print of the poem. I like the thread tying it together.


And inside I have printed the poem in red, agains ta background of some of the key words printed in black using large wood type. Back here I was wondering about printing a big full page of highlight words; and in the end I cut the page down to offer a background instead.



 
Another couple...

Background words running top to bottom.


No background!



Decisions, decisions...

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely F, Will be so pleased to see what you are making for our showing. It has been fun working to a theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - they feel like things I woudl like to give my friends, hope others do too!

      Delete
  2. I definitely like the larger words cut apart ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - they were really clunky all together and large weren't they? I can't know that in advance; I really am a person who responds to things - I see it and then I instinctively know yes/no (mostly) but my imagination is not all that great...glad you prefer the cut down version. Go well.

      Delete
  3. F - cut down pieces are a great background to the stark red and the full words ion the poem. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B - yes they don't overdo it, and somehow they support the words as well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.