Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Of birds and bits

 We are roaring towards the end of the year and there is still plenty going on.  We have however, taken some time to wander and ponder, and play and prepare...

We were buying some sandstone at a landscape suppliers the other day and found these two precious wee metal birds on a windowsill - they came home with us.



We popped them onto a garden wall; and here they are peeking around the corner at each other.


Tidying up our vegetables and herbs, the lemon thyme needed a serious haircut. It had been overrun by tomatoes and sage and gone all leggy and dry.  I had such a handful of it I couldn't help but build myself a nest (with none of the skill or sophistication of a bird - just thrown together!)

And then I nestled one of our cement hearts in it..



And popped it on top the same wall.


And then to play - the agapanthus are in stunning form at the moment and we have a big bunch inside.  As the petals dropped I wondered if they might solar-dye some thread.  


So here they are before going into the bottle and into the sun.


And to prepare...there is now a seventh Angel in the group!  A young man has joined the team and folk would like me to make a seventh angel work for them.  We decided we could pretty much do as we did before - I will need another set of wings to work with and we needed another colour to differentiate things a bit so we have added orange to the mix.


I have done the thinking and ordered more easels and I think once I get a moment I will be able to get down and make number 7!

4 comments:

  1. love your coy birds and their new digs ... my thyme has been doing much better since I trimmed it back, but now I wish I had thought to make a nest as you did ... no doubt there will be future opportunities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thyme was just perfect for the nest Liz - would highly recommend the next haircut becoming a nest if you can! We have now had so much water that I'm not sure the thyme will be enjoying it at all...

      Delete
  2. F - so much joyful stuff in one blog. B

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.