Sunday, December 12, 2021

Of food and flowers and friends and family

 It seems to me that this December is fuller than I remember a December being for quite some time.  Last year we were all so tentative about gathering and travelling and moving around was not so easy.  As I think about this year, for us here in Queensland, I think it is almost like the social calm (= frenzy fun) before the storm.

We have been fortunate to have lived with very little circulating virus for a long time.  Our border opens again tomorrow and what follows of course will be our first real attempt at 'living with the virus'.  I imagine things will be and feel, quite different when we experience first hand what so many other places have been living with for ages.

Interesting times, and for that reason alone I think I am being a bit livelier and more social than I usually am, as I expect things will get trickier down the track.

So this post is really about food and flowers and friends and family and gathering...

Out for Tapas on a school night!


Flowers and herbs prepped for a visit to Brisbane with friends.


A gathering of the four of us who held The Red Thread - birthdays and Christmas to celebrate.


The magnificent colour of hydrangea and a gift of heart urchins from friend Susan.


The drifting of magnolia centres to be gathered and held in a petal vessel.




And light on the remains of a magnolia flower.


Lots of moments of friends and family and food this week; and flowers, always flowers...

2 comments:

  1. a Fun-Filled post for sure ... and the heart urchins are incredible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are truly perfection Liz - hard to believe somebody hasn't cast them in porcelain...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.