Sunday, March 13, 2022

Misty and dreamy...

 We have woken to  white-outs a couple of mornings recently.  On Saturday we went for our walk and enjoyed the misty, dreamy, mystery of it all...

I like how these first two photos are from almost the same spot; just a shift in direction/perspective, yet my phone camera finds very different colours in the mist.



Around the corner 


And down the road, disappearing lines...


After all that moving of type - I worked out that between us we notched up 51 hours of type re-location - it was nice to spend time making and creating again.

I returned to my fabric and my Letraset to see what might happen next. This grid gave me huge satisfaction. The softness of the colours, the fraying of the edges, the calmness of the grid... also dreamy to me.


I decided to select a few pieces for the hanging works; and then work out 'pages' for two books.



I then went hunting for some thread with which to hang them inside their perspex boxes.  This nylon thread could very well be the answer. It is so fine and colourless you will barely see it; yet strong enough to hold (not that these fragments are heavy)!


The 'pages' are underway for the book as well - not completed but underway - which is good enough for me right now.

4 comments:

  1. F - great mysterious misty photos which I think reflect the there-not there nature of your 'pages'. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes B - together they have that drifty dreamy look!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.