Tuesday, March 15, 2022

NO to war...

 As part of an online letterpress poster call out (check out instagram #letterpressunited); we have both printed small posters saying No to war.  Barry's can be seen here.

Simple instructions - print the three words, in black, in your own language, and include your name and country.

I went for our beautiful Italian wood type Amalia (in both 30 and 25 cicero sizes) on soft Japanese papers.



I think this was my favourite of the paper -  loving that soft deckled edge at the top.


A much brighter whiter paper.


The bunch I printed.


It was interesting to me that I went for softness. The typeface Amelia has an Art Nouveau feel to it; curves with no really sharp edges .  The papers too were soft and light.  Perhaps  the materiality of my message was actually saying Yes to peace and kindness.

On a recent walk to town we passed a building called Banksia House - it has within it several shops and service - telecoms, real estate, dentist etc.

Well-named as it is planted out with Banksias and we stopped to look at the variety and the different stages of them and here's a few.



We really do have some extraordinary native flowers in our country.

2 comments:

  1. No to war ... no to being drawn into war ... but where is the path to peace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hidden under the rubble, it feels Liz. Why oh why can't folk just let others live in peace. In their country. In their own way? I doubt I will ever understand, but will always always hope and wish and work for it. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.